Last week, local company Cherry Mobile launched its latest affordable Android smartphone featuring a quad-core Snapdragon processor — the Cherry Mobile Skyfire 2.0 — with a retail price of only Php7,999!
The new Skyfire 2.0 flaunts a 5-inch qHD (960 x 540) scratch-resistant display with a pixel density of 220ppi and comes with 1GB of RAM, 4GB of internal storage, a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, an 8-megapixel rear camera with flash, dual-SIM capabilities, and a 2,000mAh battery.
Cherry Mobile Skyfire 2.0 specs:
- Dual SIM / Dual Standby
- 1.2GHz Quad-Core MSM8225Q Snapdragon S4 Processor
- 5-inch qHD (960×540) IPS capacitive display, 220ppi
- Scratch Resistant Touch Screen with 5-point Multi-Touch
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Adreno 203 GPU
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB of internal storage (1.4GB available)
- microSD support up to 32GB
- 8MP autofocus camera with LED flash
- 720p@30fps HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera
- GPS with A-GPS support
- FM radio with 3.5mm audio jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n / Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP / microUSB v2.0
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- HSDPA/HSUPA (UMTS 900/2100)
- G-Sensor / Proximity Sensor
- Li-Ion 2,000mAh battery
- Price: Php7,999
Cherry Mobile Skyfire 2.0 unboxing photos (c/o Cherry Angel):
Cherry Mobile Skyfire 2.0 AnTuTu Benchmark results (c/o Cherry Angel):
Unfortunately for Cherry Mobile, MyPhone’s A919i Duo managed to have higher AnTuTu Benchmark score with 12,042 points against the Skyfire 2.0′s score of 11,014 points.
The Cherry Mobile Skyfire 2.0 has a suggested retail price of Php7,999. It’s now available in most (if not all) Cherry Mobile concept stores, kiosks and accredited dealers nationwide.